Get ready to learn the Winter Chili Shimmy. We know winter can be cold and depressing. We find that the consumption of this soup combined with dancing this shimmy puts a smile on everyone’s face. Just follow these simple steps:
- Face your partner while holding hands. Jump up and down while shouting, “lentils, chickpeas, barley, bulgur wheat!”
- Turn around. The person on the left shouts, “what’s bulgur wheat?” Hop on one foot.
- The other person shouts, “a delicious, nutty, hearty whole grain!” Now, hop on the other foot and whistle.
- Turn to each other. Shake hands. Whisper in unison, while bowing with each word, “Spices! Tomatoes! So hearty! So delish!”
- Crouch on the ground and then leap up in the air shouting, “Chili!! Chili!! Chili!!”
OK great job! I bet you’ve worked up quite an appetite. You’ve earned the chili. Heat, enjoy, and say goodbye to those winter blues.
Ingredients (in no particular order): chickpeas, lentils, barley, bulgur wheat, tomatoes, chipotle pepper, cumin, chili powder, ginger, shallots, onion, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, homemade vegetable stock goodness
Soup type: Chunky