In The News
Check out these stories about Soupergirl!
For all press inquiries please contact Sara Polon, owner
- VegDC, December 1st, 2014
Soupergirl is DC’s Vegetarian online hub’s feature of December!
- Washington Jewish Week, November 17th, 2014
Kosher food returns to the DCJCC!
- Eater DC, November 12th, 2014
The everything-food site covers our pop-up at the DCJCC
- Politico, October 17th, 2014
The political web-zine focuses on women in the DC food scene.
- Washingtonian Best Bites, October 7th, 2014
The popular foodie blog knows where to get great pumpkin soup!
- Kojo Nnamdi Show, September 17, 2014
The DC favorite on WAMU chats vegan food with Soupergirl and other foodies
- Fox 5 DC, September 15 ,2014
Newscaster Laura Evans loves fresh, local soup from Soupergirl!
- Zagat DC, September 9, 2014
The nationally recognized food authorities know where to get a great lunch!
- Washington Post Express , August 19, 2014
Our Watermelon Gazpacho has the Post’s stamp of approval!
- DCist, August 8, 2014
The popular DC blog thinks our gazpacho is pretty awesome!
- The Capital’s Market, July 28, 2014
The guide to local food and markets features Soupergirl
- Eater DC, July 15, 2014
The online hub for all things foodie in DC recommends you check out our shop on M Street!
- The Veracious Vegan, July 3, 2014
The vegan blogger finds many things to love at our new M Street location!
- Brightest Young Things, June 30, 2014
The hub for all things cool in DC writes about the new Soupergirl store
- The Hungry Lobbyist, June 20, 2014
The popular DC blog loves our new Dupont location!
- District Style, June 19, 2014
The DC blogger interviews the Souperteam
- The Georgetowner, June 12, 2014
The neighborhood newspaper covers the new “Soupergirl Express”
- Washington Jewish Week, May 21, 2014
The popular Jewish newspaper highlights the new kosher food option downtown!
- Jewish Food Experience, May 17, 2014
The Jewish food online “hub” writes about our company
- This Is It DC, May 9, 2014
The popular DC blog writes about the new downtown Soupergirl store
- Prince of Petworth, April 17, 2014
Popville spreads the word about the new Soupergirl store coming to Dupont
- Washington Post Going Out Guide, April 22, 2014
The first buzz about our second location!
- Business Insider, April 17, 2014
Soupergirl is listed as one of the coolest businesses in DC in 2014!
- Washington City Paper, April 10, 2014
We’re voted best veg restaurant for the second year in a row!
- Washingtonian, March 18, 2014
The magazine’s Health & Wellness blog features Soupergirl
- American Eateries, October 10, 2013
The web-zine writes about our food specials for the furloughed feds
- The Today Show, October 1, 2013
The national news show’s website listed our “furlough special”
- Washington Post, September 19, 2013
Local food businesses team with gyms to bring healthy food to their members!
- DCist, August 22, 2013
The popular DC blog lists us as one of the top vegan spots in the city
- Washingtonian, July 22, 2013
Our Gazpacho is named the healthiest in DC!
- What’s the Soup, April 24, 2013
The soup experts give us a glowing review
- Washington City Paper, April 11, 2013
Voted best veg restaurant in the city!
- Prince of Petworth, February 21, 2012
Great shots of our new retail location!
- Washington Post, February 20, 2013
A possible Soupergirl reality show? Front page of the Style section!
- Washington Post, February 6, 2013
The Weekend Section lists us as great a date spot in Takoma!
- Pamela’s Punch, July 9, 2012
The DC blogger posts about the health benefits of Soupergirl soup
- Washington Post, June 13, 2012
Soupergirl soup featured in the Food Section
- The Hill Rag, March 28, 2012
A souper review of our online delivery service
- Washington Flyer, March 13, 2012
We’re included in the magazine’s Great Plates 2012!
- O! Magazine, April 2012
Oprah’s magazine profiles Soupergirl!
- Food & Wine, March 2012
Trendspotting – A better way to eat out in Washington, DC!
- NBC Washington, January 26, 2012
Soupergirl and Soupermom cook chili live on NBC!
- Dining In DC, January 25, 2012
The DC-focused dining blog gives our Soupscriptions a shout out
- Ecocentric, January 9, 2012
Soupergirl is named a favorite sustainable restaurant of 2011!!
- The Voice, December 10, 2011
Soupergirl gets cooking in the neighborhood!
- Pamela’s Punch, December 7, 2011
Pamela quenches her thirst with soup!
- Washingtonian Magazine, December 2011
The popular DC mag gives us a great review!
- Washingtonian Online, December 2011
A lovely photo gallery of the soups and shop.
- City Eats, November 28, 2011
The popular blog gives us a Meatless Monday shout out
- Takoma Park Patch, November 15, 2011
The Patch gives a shout out to our Gift of Soup options
- NBC Washington, November 14, 2011
Wendy Rieger visits our shop to kick of Green Week
- My Fox DC, November 11, 2011
Holly Morris receives a Welcome New Baby gift from Soupergirl!
- Washington Examiner, November 10, 2011
Putting the soup on in Takoma!
- Washington City Paper, November 9, 2011
The Young and Hungry blog announces the Gift of Soup options!
- Bethesda Magazine, November/December 2011 Issue
A lovely review of our soup and services!
- Metrocurean, October 31, 2011
The fabulous Metrocurean highlights a Halloween soup
- Daily Candy, October 25, 2011
DC highlights a fabulous fall recipe!
- Washington Post Food Section, October 12, 2011
A wonderful review of our shop by the Post’s Tim Carman!
- Washington Jewish Week, October 5, 2011
An article about our new kosher shop
- On Tap Magazine, October 2011
We’re new and notable!
- Tasting Table, October 3, 2011
A wonderful review of our soup and salad offerings.
- Dcist, September 29, 2011
“Chewing the fat” with Soupergirl!
- Wheaton Patch, September 27, 2011
News about our expanded delivery areas
- Washington Post, September 25, 2011
The story of our landing in Takoma
- Washington Life – The Dish, September 22, 2011
“A new hero of liquid food!”
- Washingtonian Best Bites Blog, September 16, 2011
A wonderful review of our shop and delivery service
- Tasting Table, September 14, 2011
A post about our store opening
- Northwest Currents, September 7, 2011
A great article that tells our story from the start.
- Takoma Park Patch, September 6, 2011
The Patch helps spread the word about our opening day
- Washington Business Journal, September 2, 2011
A great article about the journey to our store opening
- The List Are You On It, August 31, 2011
The List posts about the Soupergirl shop
- Bizjournals.com, August 24, 2011
Buzz builds about our new shop!
- Washington City Paper, August 24, 2011
Faster than a speeding Gazpacho, our shop arrives!
- DC Eater, August 24, 2011
Coming soon to Takoma…
- Takoma Park Newsletter, May 2011
Local press about our soon-to-opened shop!
- Cleveland Park 2.0, April 26, 2011
A hilariously awesome write up in the local Cleveland Park blog.
- Washington Post Express, April 12, 2011
More buzz about our storefront!
- The Takoma Park Gazette, March 16, 2001
A bit of buzz about our storefront!
- CityStream, February 18, 2011
A profile of how Soupergirl and Soupermom got their start.
- The Hill, June 24, 2010
Learn about Soupergirl and other vendors at the HHS Farmers Market!
- Washington Post Express, June 23, 2010
Soupergirl delivers soup right to your door!
- Emeril Green on Planet Green, April 12, 2010 (video link coming soon)
Soupergirl cooks summer soups with Chef Emeril Lagasse!
- Fox-5 TV, February 22, 2010
Watch the Soupergirl team LIVE on TV!!
- DC Modern Luxury, January 2010
We were featured in the Best of Dining section!
- Flavor Magazine, January, 2010
A wonderful magazine that focuses on the local food movement in the area
- Washington Jewish Week, October 7, 2009
An article about our soups being kosher.
- NBC 4, July 14, 2009
A news video about how we got started.
- The Northwest Currents, March 4, 2009
A great company profile in a wonderful local paper.
- Washington Post Express, February 12, 2009
A story in their Fit section! We are fit!!
- Washington Times, February 11, 2009
Features a picture of us at the Dupont Circle Farmers Market.
- BizBash DC – December 12, 2008
A neat write up by a local website!
- Daily Candy – December 1, 2008
Our first scoop! And a poem too!
For all press inquiries please contact Danielle Tergis at the Tergis Group: